Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reading the Newspaper


Reading the Newspaper

            My mom always used to get the paper until I was about three and then she discontinued the issues because she never had time to read it anymore. I have been begging her since was a freshman in high school to start getting the paper again because I was on varsity and I wanted to be able to read about my team. Finally she ordered the paper again, now that I am a junior. She told me that since we are getting the paper I have to read it and so far I have been. I take it to school just about every day and read it in my least favorite class. Not to mention names or anything, but Espanol isn't very interesting to me.

            Ever since I have started reading the paper I have found myself more up to date on things happening around me. Before I barely knew things that were happening in my town! Before you knew it I was talking with people about how milk my cost eight dollars by the end of the week, or how minimum wage is soon to be eight dollars or higher! Reading the paper has really increased my knowledge and the articles are quite interesting actually.

            Just like any other teen, the first section I go to is the Sport section, referred to as 1B. I get so excited after a Friday night high school game to see if my school made the paper, and if we are lucky to see if we have pictures of us playing! Nothing is more exciting than waking up bright and early to open up to the sports section to see you giant face playing the game you love!

            For me to actually read the paper and pay attention to the articles I read and to look through the ads, it takes me a good hour and a half. This is good because on Saturday and Sunday mornings instead of me watching television for a couple hours, I spend that time reading the paper. I have found myself enjoying my weekend mornings a lot more and I have found myself being more educated. I enjoy reading the Newspaper and I think every =one should, even if it’s only the sport section. Just so you can spend less time glued to the television and learn more about the community of which you are a part of. (404)

No comments:

Post a Comment