Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ice Storm


Ice Storm

            I really wish this huge ice storm would have hit a little bit harder and one day later! That way school would have been cancelled and I could have hung out with my friends and have a movie day. But instead I was stuck in my house all day today and bored out of my mind. I went on the KCRG website to find out more about the roads and this is what I found.

            It was so bad out on the roads that I only saw two cars drive on my rode today and one of the cars was my dad coming home from work. It’s not like I don’t live on a busy rode either, because I do. While sitting in my living room I heard the fire trucks two different times and the police car three times. That is way more than usual considering I hardly ever here a police car around my neighborhood or a police car. I was kind of curious as to what was happening that so much help was needed, but at the same time I didn’t know if I wanted to know.

            When I woke up early this morning to let my dogs out, I opened the door and my dogs’ immediately ran the other way. They were so scared because they hate being out in the rain. When I tried to let them out a few hours later they went out and I had never laughed so hard! My dogs were trying to run on ice and they were flying all over the place! The thing that made it funnier was that my dogs didn’t want to come in and they stayed outside for ten minutes. The only thing they were doing war running back in forth on my patio and sliding all over the place. They looked like they were doing it on purpose and they looked like they were having a lot of fun. I guess what makes this funny is the fact that neither one of my dogs are hurt and they had a great time in terrible weather.

            All this rain and freezing ice is killing my yard. Especially with having dogs in my home it is very muddy everywhere. The whole yard is pure mud and it is beginning to create a huge mess. I just wish that we could have a normal winter for once instead of having to deal with all of the pains this crappie freezing rain is giving us. (419)

No comments:

Post a Comment