Sunday, January 20, 2013

Iowa Womens Basketball


Iowa vs. Purdue

            Today, January 20, 2013 my basketball team and I attended the Iowa Women Basketball game at Carver Hawkeye Arena. When we found out we were going to the game we all got super excited! We found out we were going last week, so the week felt super long and we couldn’t wait for Sunday to come!

            When I woke up this morning at 9:00 A.M. I didn’t know what to do for the next five hours before we were going to leave to head to Iowa City. The first thing I did was texted Madi Meier! I sent her a long message that basically had no meaning and was a bunch of jibberish. She told me how she was laughing so hard and how she could not wait to get ready and leave for the game. While I managed to do some homework before leaving for the game I almost forgot to get ready! I was freaking out because I was running late but I still managed to leave with my dad on time as planned.

            When we arrived at Carver we couldn’t find a place to park, it was crazy! We had to park so far away that I froze the whole way to the doors and managed to defrost in time for the game. Right off the bat the Hawkeyes were on fire and they couldn’t be stopped. At half time the score was 41-18, Hawkeyes.

            Ever since Madi and I were little we always came to a couple of Iowa Women’s games a season. And every game when there are three minutes left in the first half we run as fast as we can up the steps in the arena to beat to ice cream rush. By the time we get to the stand the line is piling behind us as we try to order as we are heaping for air. When we get out gynormus cones of ice cream we lick them so they don’t melt all over our hands before we get back to our seats.

            Today at half time was a great surprise! They brought out all the old women basketball player from back when I was in fifth grade. I knew every single one of them because when I was little I always went to the Iowa basketball camps in the summer. My mouth dropped when they introduced them and zoomed up on them with the jumbo tron! They all look so different, I was amazed! That definitely made my day seeing all these girls and how much your life truly does change after college and how much you grow up.

            When the second half began the Hawkeyes looked sluggish. They let Purdue right back in the game. Luckily we were able to pull it out and win the game. Another exciting event took place tonight because we won; this win was Head Coach Lisa Bluters’ 600 career win! The held a mini ceremony after the final buzzer, it was pretty cool.

            When my dad and I headed up to leave we had forgotten what entrance we had come in at. We kind of began to panic because we didn’t want to be walking around out in the cold, but we took a guess and we guessed right! Before we knew it we were defrosting in my dad’s truck headed home after a day’s fun! (565)

No comments:

Post a Comment