Sunday, September 23, 2012

Choosing Your Seat


Choosing Your Seat

Choosing your seat in class can impact you for the year. It may not seem like that big of deal but it actually is a pretty tough decision. It makes you wonder if the reason behind a teacher coming up with a seating chart isn’t to just make you mad that you can’t choose your seat and sit by your friends, but to put you where they think you will be most productive.

Let’s be honest, the first day of school you walk into class and sit by the first person you recognize because you don’t want to be that awkward person that sits all alone in a row by themselves and be left out. But at the same time, after you are seated or even when you open the classroom door you are thinking to yourself, “Should I sit in the front so I can see? Wait no, because then I will look like a nerd. Maybe I will sit in the back. But wait then I will look like I don’t care about the class and I will feel out of the loop. Should I sit by my friend that I know is in this class? Wait then I will get into trouble for talking too much and plus then I won’t learn everything that I’m supposed to know. But if I don’t sit by my friend he/she might get mad at me for not sitting in the seat next to them.” All of these decisions just make school and life way more difficult than it actually is. For those reasons are why teachers make up seating charts, so you don’t have to go through the risk of getting into a fight with your best friend or even getting embarrassed for sitting front and center on the first day of school all alone.  (308)

No comments:

Post a Comment