Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jobs


Jobs

Sunday nights are the highlights of my week. It is the day where I get to sleep in and do nothing but watch Sunday night football with my dad while wearing our Packer jerseys. I love football season because it brings me that much closer to my dad. I don’t get to see my dad a lot because he works during the night and sleeps during the day. In the morning if my dad doesn’t work overtime he gets home around 7:30. Some days I don’t go to school early and am almost late just so I can stay home and eat breakfast and have a conversation with my dad in the morning.

            Some people don’t realize how difficult it is to live a normal life with a single parent but I kind of know the feeling. My dad has never once seen me play volleyball because he has to go to work before the game is even over and he is sleeping when it starts. My dad has only seen me play club soccer about ten times and I’ve been playing since I was four years old, not to mention my high school soccer games, he has only made it to a handful. Last year my high school soccer team made it to the state tournament and luckily my dad made it to all three of those games including the game that we won the state title. Having my dad there meant the world to me and I will never forget it.

            Everyone needs to have a bonding activity with their parents but I’m lucky enough to have two. Other than watching football my dad and I dance. I dance for studio dance and they offer a class called father daughter. My dad didn’t like it at first because he felt girly but he kept doing it because he knew how much it meant to me to spend that much more time with me. We have been doing this dance together for 14 years and we will continue to do it until I leave for college because it is kind of a getaway for us.

 I absolutely hate when I hear my classmates talk crap about their parents and say how they wish they would just leave, because I bet if they left the kids would have wish they never said that. Even though my dad can’t make it to all of my sporting events or my academic award assemblies I know he still cares about me the same amount as my mom. My time with him is just limited and when I am with him he shows that he does love me but he just can’t always be there to show it because of his job. That’s why when my dad is at my games and I see him in the crowd I get this huge smile on my face with warmth in my heart and play better than I have ever played before. Just because I see my dad less than three hours a day doesn’t change a thing. It just means that the hours I spend with him make it that more special. (529)

No comments:

Post a Comment