Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Just don't get it



Things I Don’t Understand

I don’t understand why high school students always go to the boys’ athletic events and not the girls. People say it is not as much fun to watch girls play and it’s not as intense. Well, I’m sorry but this just may be a rumor or something (sarcasm) but I’m pretty sure the womens’ soccer team just won the 4A State Championship but yet the mens’soccer team still has way more fans. Considering the boys had a losing record and didn’t even make it to the State Tournament, you would think the games would be boring to watch but I guess boys will always be more important than girls.

 
I don’t understand the point of knocking on wood. Some people say something and they don’t want to jinx themselves, so they say knock on wood and they actually go and knock on wood. I mean I get the whole OCD, superstition thing, but why wood? What’s wrong with plastic? I mean our world is basically paper and plastic now a day and we are dropping trees like no other.

 
I don’t understand the point of posting 1,200 words a week on this blog when what we can write about is very limited. It’s like how am I supposed to write this much if I can’t tell a story? It can’t be about me and it has to be real. I don’t understand what there is left to write about! Plus this is just way too much time and effort into a three point assignment every week.

 
I don’t understand slavery. I know that sounds stupid and I don’t mean I don’t know what slavery is. I mean how come the whites were “in control” or African-Americans and it wasn’t the other way around? What made some white man think he had the power to create slavery based on another man’s color? I think it was stupid, wrong and a flat out disgrace to slave owners later on children’s children and whites in general.


I don’t understand dressing up for home games in high school. I do understand how it makes you stand out so other students know you have a game/event that night. I don’t get why we can’t just wear our team warm ups or something we chose. I personally hate dressing up and feel uncomfortable all day long. As a player wouldn’t you want to be comfortable all day so when it comes time for the game/event you don’t have blisters from those high heels you wore all day or calf cramps because you normally wear tennis shoes to school? I don’t know about you but dressing up on game days makes no sense to me. (454)

No comments:

Post a Comment