Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fraternal and Identical Twins

The Benefits of being a Twin

            Do you know any twins? Do they act the same or totally opposite? Are they identical or fraternal? I know a lot of twins, some are fraternal and some are identical but I have found that either way they all have something unique and different about them.

            I have a set of twins on my club soccer team that are both really close to me. Of course I can tell the difference between Kattie and Meghan, but many others can’t. For example my mom still cannot tell the difference between them because she doesn’t talk to them up close a lot. It is pretty sad actually because I have been playing soccer with them for about four years now. The method my mom uses to help her try to determine the difference between them is, she has to say their jersey number along with their name and I can’t help but laugh. My mom is consistently saying Kattie 21 and Meghan 22, and she still can’t get it right. I told Meghan and Kattie about my moms’ method and how it isn’t working extremely well and they were on the floor dying of laughter.

            I know twins that finish each other’s sentences, do the same sports, have the same friends and are with each other almost one hundred percent of the time. But I also know twins that look nothing alike, one is a little bit rounder than the other, one is a total geek and the other is an all around athlete, one has a ton of friends and the other has maybe one or two, but they get along extremely well and are good friends themselves. My point being it doesn’t matter how different the twins are or how much alike they are, they will still have that special connection between them that makes them closer than the average brother and sister.

            I have always wondered if twins split up the homework they have every night or if they have a crush on the same person, what do they do? If I was a twin I would make sure I had all the same classes as him or her, not necessarily the same class periods as them but the same classes. That way we could do every project together and work around our schedules that are a lot similar than a friend that lives across town, so we can manage our time more wisely. I would also split the homework load up each night, that way we can get to bed a lot sooner and get all of our homework done. It would also be nice to have someone at home that can help you with a subject you don’t understand and you can have a mini study session before tests and final exams. That would be very beneficial to have. Having a crush on the same person may get a little tricky, because you never want a girl or boy to get between you and your siblings. So as of now I don’t know the answer to my question but maybe I will ask some of the twins I know if they have ever been stuck in a similar situation and what they did to solve it. (546)

No comments:

Post a Comment