Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Is Almost Here


Christmas Is Almost Here
 
Christmas is full of joy, happiness and spending time with your family and loved ones. The whole month of December kids around the world are counting down the days until Christmas. They can’t wait to open up all the presents that Santa brings them and to feel the rush of excitement. They feel paranoid all month because they don’t want to be on the naughty list before Santa comes to their house.
 
 Family and holiday traditions are one of the most unique things about this time of the year. My mother and I always make cookies for the neighbors, my friends and my fathers’ and my mothers’ work members all December long. It is great bonding time and a lot of fun! My family and I also just try and spend a lot of time together and are grateful for what we have. I noticed over the years that as a family we were just happier and not as greedy when its Christmas time because my mom always told us how we were lucky to get anything on Christmas, because some kids parents can’t afford to buy them a present.
 
Christmas for me isn’t all about the presents but more about the thought people give for others. From school to your best friends, to your teachers, to your neighbors, to the people you walk by once or twice, the sense of joy they can feel by you simply smiling with a friendly wave or nod. I like to give what I can to others because I was raised knowing that not everyone was as grateful as my brothers and I. Which is why I am involved in my Student Government at school because we buy gifts for people in need that way I can give back what I have.
 
I especially love Christmas because it is the one time of the year that Christmas is on the radio! I love Christmas music because it is so cheery and joyful. The beat is impossible not to catch on to and listening to one song puts me in a happy mood. Not only is the Christmas music only available during the winter but snow is also! I love to go sledding and snowboarding with my friends because it is a great way of bonding for us. Once we go out our parents have to drag us back in but the time was well spent. Christmas is that time of year where if you aren’t having the best day, that can easily be arranged. (425)

No comments:

Post a Comment