Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Break


Christmas Break
 
            Christmas break is one of my most favorite times of the year. It is a time where I can go sledding everyday with my friends and spend a lot of time with my family. Of course there is Christmas day where we get to open up presents that “Santa Claus” brought us, but that is not what Christmas is all about. Yes I like to open up presents and feel that surprise like butterflies go through my tummy but that’s not my favorite part.
 
            My favorite part of Christmas Break is when all of my college friends come home and we all reunite. I love being able to catch up with all of them because I have a few really close college friends that I would consider my best friends. It is really hard to go up to their college and spend a weekend with them because I have sports of my own back here at home. There are some times, very few maybe two times where I can go see them during a school term, but that is not enough for me. My friends and I try to keep up with texting each other but it is hard because they have classes at awkward times and I have practices after school, but somehow we make it work. Because of all of these interruptions keeping us apart, are the reasons I look forward to Christmas Break because I may only have one week off but college students have roughly five weeks off! That means we get to spend a lot of time together.
 
            Another reason I enjoy Christmas break is because of all of the Christmas cookies my mom and grandma bake and all of the dinners my dad and grandpa put together. Every night I get to look forward to coming home to a wonderful and thankful dinner with cookies for dessert.
 
            One thing I dislike about Christmas Break is that I see all of these pictures of people on Facebook and tweets on twitter about having so much fun in Cancun or Florida and how tan they look when they come back home. I will never get to go on Christmas Break while I am in high school because I have basketball practices and if you miss practice to go on vacation it is not acceptable and you have to sit out of a lot of games. That is one downer but oh well, because I guess if you look at it I am having just as much fun going sledding and hanging with my friends and family. The only difference is that when we go back to school I won’t be tan and everyone that went on vacation will be. Which It doesn't really matter because I could really care less if I was tan or not. (472)

No comments:

Post a Comment